The best Ski Instructor Training in the Alps
Gapski is the most affordable and all inclusive ski instructor training course available.
The 10 week course runs during the winter season and is based in Tignes, France, part of one of the greatest ski areas on earth, l'Espace Killy.
By joining Gapski you can set yourself on a new career path in the ski industry or simply have the experience of a life time while becoming a better skier and gaining a recognised qualification as a ski instructor.
Gapski is a 10 week ski instructor training programme based in Tignes, a lively and snow sure resort that sits at 2100m above sea level in the French Alps. Together with the neighboring resort of Val d'Isère they make up the world famous ski area known as the Espace Killy (so named after France's Olympic downhill skiing champion Jean Claude Killy). It offers over 300km's of piste skiing and is well renowned for its off piste terrain and some of Europe's most spectacular scenery. It really is one of the greatest ski areas in the world!
Whether you are looking for an international qualification with a view to a career in the ski industry or simply a way to maximise your skiing potential whilst doing a season, then the Gapski programme is the most comprehensive and effective ski training programme out there.
The Gapski course is designed to train students through to BASI Level 2 which allows you to work as a ski instructor in various countries all over the world. Locations include UK snowdomes, Austria, Switzerland, New Zealand, and North America amongst others.
No hidden Costs
The course fee includes all BASI fees: membership, your level 1 and 2 exams, the Child Protection module, first aid course and the required 70 hours shadowing and ski school experience. There will be coaching on piste performance, freeride/off piste, moguls and park skills. You will receive avalanche awareness sessions and opportunities to learn ski tuning and maintenance. You will develop an understanding of ski and teaching theory including personal development, skier analysis, mountain safety, lesson planning and group management. In fact everything you need (and more) to prepare for your exams!
Season Lift Pass Included
Gapski is also proud to offer all students a lift pass that will be valid for the entire season included in the price. You can come out as early as you like, complete the course and then enjoy the rest of the season without spending another penny on lift passes!
In addition a hot lunch is provided on the hill every day even when not training.
Unlike your average programme, everything is included, no hidden costs, no extra charges, it's all in there!
the development centre - TDC
Gapski training is delivered by the development centre(TDC) all instructors are BASI level 4 ISTD qualified and TDC has 5 BASI examiners within their ranks.
the development centre is there to ensure that you get the best possible training for your exams.
Thanks to our working relationship with Interski, on successful completion of the course there is the opportunity to gain work as a ski instructor for Interski in the Aosta Valley, Italy. We can provide references, personal recommendations and help with applications and cv's.
Go to the Gapski booking page now...
Skiing in the bumps is a massive challenge to your balance. Look at how to deal with this challenge.
what others have been saying about TDC the development centre Val d'Isere, Tignes, Meribel, Courchevel
- "In very bad weather Steve ran an excellent lesson which challenged me but also taught me a lot with good pointers to work on- which I've been doing today and they are starting to pay off. As always Steve never fails to impress."
David, Dec 2014
- "Just wanted to pass on my thanks to Kim. My daughter and I have had a brilliant 5 days, and it has been a revelation getting taught rather than merely following an instructor, not gaining anything except miles!!"
Rona, March 2014
- "We would just like to send a big thank you to you for such great lessons whilst we were in Tignes. We all got a lot from the lessons and our differing abilities were well catered for! Thanks again, we will wholeheartedly recommend you to friends and hope to be back ourselves to learn more!! "
Julie, Hugh & Harry, March 2014
- "I'm just writing to say thank you for a great two weeks of preparation for the BASI Level 4. I still can't believe I've finally got there! The TDC training really made a difference I think."
Ian, Feb 2014
- "The coaching sessions with both Scott and Keiran have been superb - the best ski training I have had. I have learnt a huge amount and had a really good fun time. Thanks very much indeed."
Douglas, Jan 2014